[from the Business section]
The above Ad was in the Gulf News paper today – I never can get used to some “Indian-isms” that have become widely used in everyday language here, for example:
- do the needful. Translation: do what’s required.
- today itself. Translation: today / now.
- shifting. Translation: moving (as in house or apartment).
- top urgent. Translation: urgent.
- tell me. Translation: whats up? (when answering the phone instead of hello).
I am sure there are others – add your favourite to the comments section.